The Centre for Global Eco-Innovation at Lancaster University is a national award winning initiative which undertakes research and development with a business focus. Currently there is funding available for small and medium to tap in to the knowledge and experience of our leading academics and researchers and access our world-class facilities.
On offer is £7.1 million worth of research opportunities for businesses based across in Cumbria, enabling them to develop their business and make the transition to a lower carbon economy. This can include short-term feasibility studies through to long-term technical R&D projects all focussing on new processes, services or technologies addressing one of the list of key issues below:
- Energy – reduce energy use and increase energy efficiency
- Resource Efficiency – encouraging production and consumption chains and systems to be organized in a more circular and efficient way
- Waste - supporting improvements in the way that waste materials are managed through solutions that offer greater efficiency and reduced environmental impact
- Water – reduced consumption, management and flood mitigation
- Food security and plant science – increasing yield and efficiencies to feed a growing population
- Biodiversity – preserving habitat, offsetting schemes and planning permissions
To find out how you can access this unique opportunity please contact Stephen King, Business Partnerships Officer, on 07779 965574 or email@example.com.
This project is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund