Key employers and landowners from across Eden District turned out in force and found out about new opportunities to expand their businesses at the Driving Economic Growth event held at Stoneybeck Inn, near Penrith this week.
The event which was organised by Eden District Council using their new Invest in Eden brand. Delegates heard from key speakers including Enterprise Answers about a new £500k Eden Business Support Fund, Britain’s Energy Coast, Sellafield Ltd and United Utilities about procurement opportunities available for Eden Businesses from Cumbria’s West Coast.
Managing Director of Totalpost Services, David Hymers MBE, who chaired the event, said: "I would like to thank all the businesses and speakers who attended the event this week. I hope that the new Invest in Eden website will encourage Eden businesses to contact the Council with business development plans and take advantage of the available offers.”
Key speakers at the Driving Economic Growth event included:
- David Hymers MBE, MD and Owner of Totalpost Services PLC
- Ruth Atkinson, Communities Director of Eden District Council
- Grahame Latus, CEO of Enterprise Answers
- Clive Howey, Financial Services Manager of Eden District Council
- Andrew Cooney, Decommissioning Technology Manager of Sellafield Ltd.
- Evan Wright, Nuclear Sector Advisor of Britain’s Energy Coast
- Carl Sanders and Matthew Simpson of United Utilities Cumbria Pipeline Project
Eden District Council’s Communities Director, Ruth Atkinson said: “Invest in Eden is a new initiative with a quality package of support available to help existing local businesses to expand, this includes free pre-application planning advice and the £500k Eden Business Support Fund with Enterprise Answers.
“Our new specialist website Invest in Eden has a range of business support information and promotes awareness of our partners such as the Cumbria Local Enterprise Partnership. The website also contains information to promote Eden as place to do business with testimonials from leading business figures such as David Hymers MBE.”