This project is designed to upskill the workforce and develop skills to support business growth in the area.
It is being managed by Eden District Council as part of Invest in Eden.Training will be delivered by a partnership of Cumbrian skills and business support providers and will offer funded and part funded training opportunities, focusing on workforce development for small and medium sized businesses in the Upper Eden area.
The first phase of the project included one to one business support, advice and a training needs analysis.
A number of courses will be funded by The Edge. The Edge is a European Social Fund Project co-financed by the Skills Funding Agency as part of the Employees Support in Skills Project commissioned by Cumbria Local Enterprise Partnership.
Courses that are not eligible for this funding will be supported with a 50% contribution towards course fees from Eden District Council.
- Food Safety, Qualified Status - 30 October 2017 and 7 February 2018, Pennine Hotel, Kirkby Stephen (Course fee £30. Including Upper Eden businesses 50% discount)
- Level 2 Customer Service - 19 October, venue Kirkby Stephen (Free of charge, subject to status)
- Social Media Skills for Business - 25 October and 26 October (2 day programme), venue Kirkby Stephen (Free of charge, subject to status)
- Emergency First Aid - various dates available, SNH Training Services Ltd, Kirkby Stephen (Course fee £30. Including Upper Eden businesses 50% discount)
- Level 2 Award in Safe Moving and Handling, Qualified Status - various dates available SNH Training Services Ltd, Kirkby Stephen (Course fee £30. Including Upper Eden business 50% discount)
- Business Bookkeeping Skills - Dates TBC, contact us for more information
We also provide one to one business advice at the Invest in Eden Business Hub, Kirkby Stephen Business Park. The Hub is open Thursdays and Fridays where our dedicated Business Advisor will be on hand to help you.
To enquire about courses, register your interest and to book a place email email@example.com or call 01768 212147